Nutrisystem is for men and women/20off
Whether you are a man or a woman, you most likely have heard about Nutrisystem because it is seemingly everywhere – on TV, radio, billboards, and finally even at Walmart and Costco. So what is it all about and why is it so popular?
Men have different nutritional needs than women
Women had various diets made just for them for years, but men were ignored for the longest time, and Nutrisystem is now ready to change that with a diet plan balanced just for men. Without any further ado, let’s dive into this diet for men and discover everything we should know about weight loss with it before signing up:
How does Nutrisystem for men work?
The delivery diet is 28-days of pre-planned and pre-portioned meals that are created with Glycemic Index in mind. Every meal contains all the necessary nutrients and calories that will help you lose weight without making you starve.
Nutrisystem can satisfy cravings for pizza in a healthy way
Portion control is very important for every diet, and this one has it all figured out, so you don’t have to. Diet shouldn’t impact your life and prevent you from being active, and this one definitely doesn’t. If you work out a lot though, 1,200 calorie per day diet will not be enough, so you will be encouraged to supplement with fruit and veggies on your own.
Meals from Nutrisystem are small, but well balanced
Nutrisystem is so confident in its results that it predicts a loss of 18 pounds and 8 inches during the first month.
This is what plans are available for men:
- Basic – starting with Fresh Start Week and then continue with pre-portioned meals and online support – $11.61 per day
- Core – Starting with Fresh Start Week and then choose from 100 available meals – $12.50 per day
- Uniquely Yours – start with Fresh Start Week and then choose from 160 meals of frozen and non-frozen foods. This is the most popular plan – $13.93 per day
- Uniquely Yours Plus – this is the newest plan that includes everything from Uniquely Yours and also 28 shakes – $15.36 per day
- Diabetes plan – low sugar and sodium meals to help regulate blood sugar
- Vegetarian plan – choice of 90+ vegetarian meals for weight loss
What is Fresh Start?
Various meal options from Nutrisystem are available
Every plan includes this system which is meant for jumpstarting your weight loss journey. This has 7 probiotic and protein shakes, seven days of breakfast, lunches, and dinners, and 7 snacks. All that comes in a separate box and also includes a “Daily Tracker” tool for monitoring your progress.
How many meals will men eat per day?
Nutrisystem provides 5 meals: breakfast, shake, lunch, snack, and dinner. The last one, fruit and non-starchy vegetables come from your own grocery store.
Nutrisystem diet takes care of all your daily food needs
Can you choose your own meals?
Yes, if you are selecting “I’ll Pick My Own Meals” option when picking a plan. Otherwise the meals will be picked by Nutrisystem specialists and will feature the most popular items.
Cooking fresh meals should still remain while on Nutrisystem
Only Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus, and Vegetarian are plans with free menu pick option.
When picking food you will have access to a huge menu, reviews, and testimonials. Get ready to spend some time there though!
The meals strive to have nutrients balanced in proportionate quantities of 25% of fats, carbs, and protein. Small portions help dieters develop good habits of not overeating. The calorie count assists in losing 1-2 pounds per week.
Most meals are low in sodium; some are even below USDA’s recommended norm. Sodium intake can be customized for all users.
What should you know?
- Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include frozen meals, Basic and Core plans deliver only ready-to-eat foods.
- You can choose from over 160 meals
- Basic plan meals are pre-selected and not frozen. You can pay extra $25 per month and get customization option for this plan.
- Core plan allows you to choose from over 100 non-frozen meals
- Uniquely Yours plans let you customize your diet with over 160 meals
- Vegetarian plan dieters choose from 90 different meals
Nutrisystem offers healthy breakfast options
Will men have to prepare their own meals?
Not for the most part, but Nutrisystem allows for preparation of 5 meals per week, called Flex Meals. You will cook 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 2 snacks per week, but not on the same day. It’s always great to add variety and learn to cook small portions for the time when you will be coming off the diet.
Nutrisystem dinners can be satisfying for your taste buds
Nutrisystem provides Grocery Guide to help you make healthy choices and offers SmartCarbs, PowerFuels, Vegetables, and Extras sections.
Up close and personal from Nutrisystem
Does Nutrisystem work?
Yes, it definitely works for people who are serious about weight loss and can stick to the plan. Short-term loss is guaranteed, but some studies are still needed for long-term effectiveness. The company has math and science in place to back up their claims and plenty of men who can testify of losing 15 pounds and 8 inches in the first month.
What are some Nutrisystem diet pros?
- Choice of 160 meals and 30 snacks, so great variety
- Portion control for healthy way of losing weight
- Fit for teenagers
- Options for diabetes
- Diabetes prevention with all plans
- Options for vegetarians
- Tracking tools for diet and weight loss
What are some cons?
- Counselors are not available for all stages of the program
- No face to face interaction with specialists
- Customization is not available on all plans
- Frozen meals are not available for all plans, only for Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus, Vegetarian, and Diabetes
- Dining out is limited
- No alcohol
- No talk about exercising
- Food is frozen and not fresh, some meals don’t taste good
- Not enough calories for fitness liking people
Would we recommend Nutrisystem for men?
Yes, the results are there, so we think it is a good diet, but for a short-term. It gets expensive and repetitive for a long term. If you are willing to make sacrifices and ready to start your weight loss journey, we believe this diet will work great to get you started.
There are many testimonials from real users and their results are inspiring. We love the food options and healthy list of ingredients, high protein and fiber, no MSG and no preservatives.
Meal variety at Nutrisystem is astounding
The diet is not cheap, but it offers a lot for the price, so it’s well worth it.
On the other hand, this diet, just like all others, focus on reducing the calorie intake to lose weight. They make sure that you get fewer calories in than out, so it is kind of nothing new, except for convenience factor. You can definitely get serious and do it all yourself. Nutrisystem is like a learning tool, teaching you to reduce portions. Within a few months you should be able to eat like that in real world without any problems.
What does Nutrisystem cost per month?
The price depends on the plan you choose, all customers are billed monthly and the plans auto-renew if not cancelled in time. Shipping is free with auto-delivery.
- Basic – $324.99 per month with auto-delivery, $499.98 per month with one0time delivery
- Core – $349.99 and $538.45
- Uniquely Yours – $389.99 and $599.84
- Uniquely Yours Plus – $429.99 and $661.50
- Vegetarian – $389.99 and $599.94
Healthy breakfast from Nutrisystem for a great start of the day
- $100 OFF First Two Orders with code SAVE100
- Free snack sampler 10-pack with code 10SNACKS
- 5 Free Cookie Packs when use code FREECOOKIES
Where can you buy Nutrisystem?
Kickstart kit puts your weight loss in overdrive
Nutrisystem can be bought on their website, some meal kits and snacks can be found at Walmart and Sam’s Club, and Costco sells discounted Nutrisystem gift cards.
Walmart carries many Nutrisystem kits and meals