The goal of this article is to give our readers some real facts about Nutrisystem
What exactly is Nutrisystem?
The newest upgrade for 2019 is called FreshStart and features Marie Osmond as the face of the campaign. If you follow the program as directed you are going to lose 13 pounds and 7 inches of your waist per month. That’s for women, men are even luckier with expected 18 pounds and 8 inches. Some estimates put weight loss at 5 pounds per week. All that can happen to people who follow their diet plans, get meals delivered, and cook their recommended recipes.
The company emphasizes the importance of accountability and support. That’s why they have the blog “The Leaf” for diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and fitness support. Yes, fitness is very important and every customer is encouraged to move at least 50 minutes per week or better yet, 30 minutes every day.
Nutrisystem is attractive because thinking and calorie counting is done for you. The same goes for portion size and meal times. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy tasty nutritious meals. There are a few different plans to choose from when you first start out. The meals come to you prepared, balanced, easy to assemble. You can always supplement with fresh produce. If you run in trouble or have hard time sticking to this diet, Nutrisystem has an extensive member online community for support.
How long has Nutrisystem been in the business?
The company definitely knows what they are doing after being in the weight loss leader position for close to 40 years. First Nutrisystem offices were physical locations consulting people about weight loss in 1972. In 1999 the company shifted to direct-to-consumer business model and never looked back. The company is mobile since 2010.
- 45% OFF Every Purchase with code RITCHIE
- Free Cookies with code COOKIES
- Free Meals when use code 3FREE
What do Nutrisystem ingredients focus on?
- Lean protein – Protein is used for all kinds of processes in your body, provides long-term energy, is not stored and gets used up for lean muscle building.
- High fiber – with its help you feel fuller longer and thus maintain healthy weight easier. This type of fiber is found in fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Low-glycemic carbs – those carbs are slow to break down and keep you full longer. They are found in whole grain and some veggies, used by Nutrisystem.
What menus does Nutrisystem offer?
Nutrisystem has a few different diets and customizable options to help you choose what you like with a promise that all meals are balanced and made to keep you full longer. Healthy meals include high fiber, low calorie, and lean protein.
There are about 150 meals to choose from, so you will definitely find something you like. Nutrisystem users eat 4-5 times a day and never have to guess if what they are eating is good for them or not. The meals are low on sodium; they don’t have artificial colors and preservatives.
Nutrisystem is very similar to Mayo Clinic DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet and can be used simultaneously. Both use grain, fruit, veggies, and low-fat dairy products.
Is it easy to follow Nutrisystem?
It’s definitely easy to follow Nutrisystem. Meals are delivered to you and pre-portioned, so you don’t have to spend any time on preparation. You also get access to many healthy recipes and a long guide about eating out and still staying on track.
Alcoholic beverages are limited and there is also a guide what to eat to feel fuller longer.
What items will be on the menu for you?
- Frozen omelettes, chicken, quesadillas, ice cream
- Vegetarian and senior special plans
Does Nutrisystem really work?
Whenever you control your calories and your meal portions, you are on a good path. Nutrisystem helps you do both + they offer balanced meals. If you add a bit of fitness, you are definitely going to lose weight.
Another benefit of this system is that it will encourage you to eat more frequently and help your body burn more calories. The transition back to normal after a while might be challenging, but if you follow what you have learned about balanced meals and smaller portions, you will be able to maintain your weight loss.
Are there any side effects?
You will change your diet significantly, so in rare cases you can expect some temporary diarrhea, constipation, and nausea. Most people have no side effects.
Increased amount of fiber might cause some flatulence (gas) in some people.
What precautions should be taken when getting on the program?
Just like with all changes in life, consult your doctor if you worry and especially if you have preexisting conditions or are on medication. Pregnant and nursing moms should not get on this plan. Children younger than 14 years of age, vegans and gluten-free dieters have no options for now.
What are Nutrisystem pros?
- Huge variety of food
- Convenience and calorie counting done for you
- Time savings
- Fitness encouragement
- Counseling program and online support community
- Meal delivery
- High protein foods for muscle building and weight loss
- Vegetarian plans
- Free trial for new customers
What are Nutrisystem cons?
- It’s not cheap
- Meals are not for the entire family, so cooking is still needed
- Meals look small
- There might be some side effects
- Benefits don’t last without effort in the future
- Meals are on auto-order, so you have to not forget to cancel when you are ready to finish the program
- Products are not organic or GMO-free
- Products include eggs, wheat, soy, and tree nuts
- Meals have preservatives and refined sugars
What is Nutrisystem cost?
The exact cost depends on the plans and options chosen, but generally you can expect to pay about $10 per day. Customized plans are more expensive. Also add the price of supplement produce from the grocery store.
Here is an example for all tiers of plans available for men and women:
- Nutrisystem D for diabetics
- Basic Plan
- Core Plan
- Uniquely Yours
- Uniquely Yours Plus
Where can you buy Nutrisystem?