Walmart is starting early with this year’s holiday shopping and services. Holiday purchase Layaway program has been announced on August 30 and it will be available until December 9th. This really gives shoppers enough time to decide on the items they want to purchase for gifts and to collect funds to afford them. This plan is great for families who have a lot on their shopping list and don’t want to spend all their money at one time. With this convenient way to pay you can spread your payments over a period of time and do that without credit cards and interests.
The program is expanding every year and gaining more trust. Initially people were skeptical about fees and payments, but more and more customers every year are giving it a try and seeing no danger or hidden expenses.
You can enjoy Walmart Layaway benefits when shopping in-stores all through the busiest shopping time of the year. Jewelry department always offers Layaway program, so can buy something and pay in installments any time of the year for you or for a loved one.
How does Layaway work?
First of all, you can only use it in-stores, not for online purchases. You can open this plan in minutes at the designated Layaway counter at your local Walmart. You will not have to pay any fee, only a small down payment of either $20 or 20% of the price, whichever is bigger.
To be eligible for this plan, individual items have to be more than $10 and a total purchase must be at least $50. You can make Layaway payments any time at the register and sign up for email or text message reminders.
- $10 OFF Your First 3 Orders Over $50
- 80% OFF Select Rollbacks
What else should you know?
- You should always read the fine print and avoid unpleasant surprises.
- If you choose to add additional items to your Layaway after dropping the down payment to less than 20% of the total price, you will have to pay an additional 20% of the total.
- The last payment has to be made before the last day of the program, which is December 9th, or your entire account will be cancelled.
- If your account is cancelled, the items will be returned to the inventory, your payments refunded, except the initial $20 or 20% down payment.
- Last payment and pick up have be made in the same store where you started with the program.
- Wireless phones are excluded from the program.
- In some states the initial fee will have to be returned to a customer in the case of account cancellation.
- Customers have to be 18 years old to open a Layaway account and to use it.
- The Layaway program is not available on Thanksgiving Day, November 28th.
- Walmart return policy applies to all Layaway items
What can be bought with Layaway program?
You can buy toys, electronics, small appliances, auto electronics, furniture, games, cameras, kitchen & dining items, home décor, luggage, organization supplies, select sporting goods, infant furniture, jewelry, and much more.
What are some extra ways to save while holidays shopping?
You should always check out online savings center for great deals that can later be put on Layaway plan in stores, including clearance, rollbacks, and special buys.
Walmart always offers Every Day Low Prices and clearance items all over the place with yellow tags, which are eligible for Holiday Layaway. Temporary rollbacks and special buys have items that are discounted now, so that you won’t have to wait until Black Friday for something you’ve been looking for, because it can be put on Layaway any time while the price is low.