CAN YOU MAXIMIZE YOUR SAVINGS AT SIERRA IF YOU OPEN SIERRA/TJMAXX CREDIT CARD
The answer is yes if you spend a lot of money at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods, and Sierra. You can collect points and score all kinds of discounts there, but you will only get 1% cash back when shopping everywhere else, so we will consider some other credit cards to show you the benefits and the shortcomings of this particular credit card.
- 30% Off Plus Free Shipping with code SHIP89
- Free Shipping $89+ Order when use code HONEY89
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TJX REWARDS CARD?
There are quite a few:
- You will get 5 points for every $1 spent (5% cash back)
- 10% off your first purchase with it
- No annual fee
- The card is accepted virtually everywhere because it’s MasterCard
- You will get 1 point for $1 spent in all other stores
- You will be rewarded $10 for every 1,000 points
ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS TO THOSE BENEFITS?
Yes, there are also a few:
- The bonus of 10% id quite small in comparison with some other credit cards that might offer $100 of $500 purchase if made in the first 3 months
- If you apply for this card online, your 10% discount can be used online only
- If you apply for it in-store, you will have to get that 10% off in-store
- There is no actual cash rewarded and the certificate will expire in 2 years
- The APR is 27.24% on this card, which is quite high
HOW DOES THIS CARD COMPARE TO CHASE FREEDOM?
This credit card is one of the best on the market, but not too fit for lots of TJ Maxx shopping. You can get up to 5% cash back on $1,500 net purchases from bonus categories every 3 months. It’s not that difficult to manage at least 25% of your annual spending in those categories, which will give you a total of 2% cash back. One of those 3 month periods, usually the last has department stores as a bonus category, but never TJ Maxx. This is why you will get just 1% cash back from TJ Maxx when shopping with Chase Freedom, but you can earn 5% with it in other places.
What were some of the 5% bonus categories from Chase Freedom in the past?
- Gas stations
- Apple pay
- Google Pay
- Chase Pay
- Grocery stores
- Department stores
- Wholesale clubs
HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH CITI DOUBLE CASH CARD?
It won’t beat TJX Rewards credit card inside TJ Maxx, but it will beat it pretty much everywhere else. It gives you 1% cash back on all your purchases and an extra 1% if you pay it back all the time. It’s definitely a great universal card. It would make sense to use TJX Rewards card for your other purchases only if you have ¼ of all your yearly spending coming from TJ Maxx stores, which is not likely. The best way is to choose Citi Double Cash card and TJX Rewards card together if you can maintain 0 balance on both. For the best reward in and out of TJ Maxx stores, Citi card will do the job on its own.