The best way to predict what Black Friday will look like is to look at last year’s hits on that day and also look at competitor offerings from the previous year. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon are pretty similar with offers and go step to step for our business, but recently Target has really been inching forward with offers and overall customer experience. Let’s look at the expectations for this year and think about our buying strategies.
- $10 OFF Your First Order
- Free 2-Day Shipping on Most Orders
- 30% OFF One Item
First of all, there are last year’s sales to consider:
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max both had $250 Target gift card attached to them with select mobile company activation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 + $300 Target gift card with activation
- Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL + $200 Target gift card with Verizon activation
- $300 off Samsung 50-65-inch Smart Curved UHD TVs
- $100 off Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Spider Man Bundle
- $60 off Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle
- $50 off Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
- $120 off LG 49-inch 4K HDR UHD Smart TV
- $180 off Element 55-inch Smart 4K UHD TV
- $110 off Beats Powerbeat3 Wireless Headphones
What should you expect from 2019 Black Friday?
The most important note is that Target couldn’t match Walmart’s iPhones sales with its $300 discounts in 2018, so this year it might just find that $50 somewhere. However, it might still be $250 off, so be ready for both scenarios.
This is what we think it’ll happen at Target this Black Friday:
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone Pro Max with $300 Target gift card for activation
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and Note 10 with $300 Target gift card with activation
- $130 off Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle with $40 Target gift card
- $120 off Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle
- $100 off Nintendo Switch Bundle with memory card
- $50 off Nintendo Switch Lite
- $550 for 65-inch 4K TV from premium brand
- $180 for 55-inch 4K TV from respectable brand
- $70 off Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch
- $50 off Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch
- $60 off Beats Powerbeats Wireless Pro
Walmart will most likely remain the main competitor in iPhone department, but Target should run closer to Walmart offered price.
Target has also been on top when it came to HDTVs and it should continue this year, especially with 65-inch lower quality models.
- $10 OFF First 3 Orders $50+
- Free Fast Shipping on Orders $35+
- 80% OFF Rollbacks
Target is always a good destination for various gadgets, such as headphones and smartwatches.
Fitbit has been struggling, so expect to see some amazing deals for their products. In addition to Beats headphones, look out for great deals on Google Nest and Mini smart speakers.
Target starts its Black Friday pre-sales before the Door Busters, so stay patient if those early deals are not good enough for you.
- 25% OFF Select Items
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
Here are a few tips for making 2019 Black Friday shopping the most successful yet:
Target Ad Release
Target is always one of the first retailers to come out with the ad and thus set the tone for others. This year November 11th seems to be the day for this ad, which is a week later than last year.
Best Buy and Walmart usually follow close behind. Expect to see about 40 pages of deals, many top ones with Target gift cards.
- 20% OFF Reg. Price Small Appliances
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $35
- 50% OFF Electronics
Target usually starts its in-store sales at 6 pm on Thanksgiving, which should not change this year. Online deals will be live all day on Thanksgiving and continue into Cyber Monday week. November 11 should be the day for Black Friday ad release.
Target and Best Buy always offer free shipping with no minimum all through holiday season and there is no reason for this to change. Amazon’s non-members have to spend at least $25 to qualify for free shipping and Walmart requires $35 for free 2-day delivery.
At Target Cyber Monday still gets an ad, which is rare. The sales are usually revealed on Black Friday and the ad features only the top deals. Previously Target offered 15% off everything on Cyber Monday, so expect something similar in 2019.