CauseBox, SinglesSwag, or FabFitFun?
Just the fact that I ordered three of those beauty subscription boxes speaks of my love for such service, and these are not the only boxes I have tried. I can definitely see why people use them – convenience, expert selection, and new trends, which are all the things I enjoy without spending time on doing my own research and shopping. And then there is a surprise element, which I like the most.
The spring goodies have arrived
I have to admit that my favorite of those three is FabFitFun, but CauseBox is very close behind. SinglesSwag has quite a bit of room for improvement if it wants to be compared with the first two. FanFitFun was the first one I ordered and immediately understood that it will be hard to beat.
Spring 2020 collections from FabFitFun, CauseBox, and SinglesSwag
FabFitFun comes once per season and includes 8-10 full size beauty, health, lifestyle, fitness, home, and fashion items. Annual members can choose 5 items, while seasonal clients can pick 3. The box I got was Winter Editor’s Box and came full to the brim. I like how the box’s art looks, how it contains items from established companies and from newcomers, and I love the quality of almost everything.
FabFitFun winter 2020 box beauty
I wish that FabFitFun would include more natural and organic items, but they don’t make any promises about that. The box is definitely fabulous, fit, and fun – compliments for delivering on the message.
CauseBox Winter 2020 is ready for a ride
CauseBox, as the name also suggests, is about delivering products with a cause or a message – it can be organic items, products made by hand or by socially responsible companies, or things produced with environment in mind. All that appeals to me very much, so I decided to give them a try despite being very happy with FabFitFun. And I was not disappointed.
Spongelle is a hit everywhere right now
CauseBox comes every quarter and costs very similar to FabFitFun. My winter box included 7 full size items and every single one of them came with a good cause or for a cause, some of them natural and organic, just as I expected. Everything in that box was high quality and picked with customers in mind.
SinglesSwag hat is to die for!
SinglesSwag is the last box of the three. It is monthly and 100% curated by the staff. It caught my attention with its idea, which is very nice – empowerment and support of women. Yes, it targets single women, but I don’t see why married or dating women shouldn’t get inspirational books, tasty treats, and organic beauty products, right? They can and they should, but the there is a problem – SinglesSwag is not always delivering on that promise, so what you get is not necessarily organic and not always very inspirational.
Bracelet inspiration from SinglesSwag box
After I opened my SinglesSwag box, I realized that ladies in all walks of life deserve better than this random selection of items. I love the messages and quotes I read on the website while ordering my first box, the idea is definitely there, but the company still lacks execution with more care and love. I am hopeful for the future because I like seeing companies that cater to women and seek to empower them succeed.
- FabFitFun - $45.96 per box, 4 times per year (savings with annual membership)
- CauseBox - $54.95 per box, 4 times per year ($20 off with annual membership)
- SinglesSwag - $39.99 per box, 12 times per year ($5 off for 3 or 6 month subscription)
All three boxes offer some discount for the first box, so you don’t have to pay full amount just to try them, which you should before signing up for long term.
FabFitFun Box products:
FabFitFun Winter box is full of awesomeness
- Jonathan Adler Fleur de Sel Ceramic Candle ($48) – I am very big on scented candles, especially in winter
- Doctor Rogers RESTORE Healing Balm ($30) – an absolute must for cold weather when skin needs extra protection
- Genie by Eugenia Kim Brady Hat ($60) – very cute hat and perfect for California winters
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Cap System 2-in-1 kit ($36) – my color treated hair loved this conditioning mask and showed visible results
FabFitFun winter 2020 goodies are perfect decorations
- VictoriaLand Beauty Skin-Loving Treatment for Eyes and Lips ($55) – it might not be plastic surgery, but it’s the next best thing
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Invisible ($18) – acne can happen at any age, I am not immune to it, so this product is really used
- Tease Tea Self Care Elixir ($12) – totally great instead of my coffee
- Spongelle Boxed Flower in Freesia Pear Body Wash Infused Buffer ($16) – very nice smelling shower sponge with body wash
See FabFitFun Coupons:
- 20% Off your Box with code FABFITFUN20
- 20% Off your first box with code HURRY
CauseBox products radiate natural beauty
- Knit Throw Blanket ($120) – it’s totally beautiful, soft, and worth the money
Black Currant scent is my favorite from FabFitFun
- La Lueur Candles Black Currant Vetiver Candle ($35) – this coconut wax candle made me think of my childhood with its black current scent
Candle that smells just as good as it looks
- Wyld Konjac Facial Cleansing Sponge ($16.90) – I love it in my shower
Wyld facial sponge from CauseBox Winter 2020
- La Beaute Soi 10 Piece Makeup Brush Set ($24) – it doesn’t hurt to change brushes often, so even if those are not the highest of quality, I will still use them
- Vivit Daily Hair Vitamin E ($30) – great for bringing my dry hair back to life
CauseBox Winter 2020 products
- SOKO Petite Bow Earrings ($42) – it’s as if they knew how much I love chunky earrings
- Simply Straws Rose Gold Skinny 3 Pack ($24) – I’ve been looking for straws like that for a long time
See CauseBox Promotions:
- 20% OFF Your First Box with code EG20
- Take $10 OFF Your First Box when use code WELCOME10
SinglesSwag is for strong booties
- Blue Revival Knit Twist Pompom Beanie ($36) – another great hat for my collection
SinglesSwag beanie is loved by German shepherds too
- Eat Pray Love Made Me Do It – Life Journeys Inspired by the Bestselling Memoir ($16) – I would really like to read the real thing, but this is not it
Any book is nice under such blue sky
- Lily Sky 3-Piece Beaded Bracelet Set with Charms ($58) – pretty cute, will wear, but nothing special, even though my daughter disagrees
- StandUp Socks, I Love Me ($18) – definitely not my style
Socks from SinglesSwag February box
- Heart Shaped Love Cookie – I think I would eat just about anything else instead of this sweet concoction
I would go for oranges, but SinglesSwag always brings some treats
- Manna Kadar Goddess Luxe Bath & Body Collection Refreshing Face Mist – I expected beauty products to be organic or at least more natural, but no such luck
These SinglesSwag products are bound to make you feel great
- Brilliance New York Hair Couture Essential Hydration Repairing hair Mask with Argan Oil – nothing special about this product, far from natural
SinglesSwag goodies from February
- 35% OFF Your Entire Order with code ALLNEW
- 30% OFF any Order for New Customers with code LUCKY
In conclusion, I will repeat myself to say that FabFitFun will probably be the box I will stick with. CauseBox is wonderful too, but it’s a little bit more expensive. SinglesSwag has the right idea, but needs some improvement.