If you are fashion forward, chances are you love shopping at Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. Chances also are you know how expensive these two retailers can be. However, there is no reason to despair as they both have some awesome ways to save; you just need to know how to take advantage of them. Read on to discover some useful and tested tips to shop there.
Both retailers have some amazing brands to choose from and wide selection on everything your heart might desire. Sales are definitely there if you know where to look. Both stores also have reward programs to give you a savings boost.
- Free shipping and free returns – enough said. This applies to all customers.
- In store exchanges – you don’t have to bother with shipping stuff back and forth.
- Nordstrom anniversary sale – don’t miss this huge sale in July. Upcoming fall collection is usually discounted during this time. Some items go back to full price after the event, while some are discontinued all together or get sold out.
- Always shop early during sales as items tend to disappear fast.
- Nordstrom card holders – they get lots of benefits, discounts, and can start shopping Anniversary Sale early.
- Triple and double points days – card holders can participate in these events and rake in Nordstrom Dollars faster. They can then use those accumulated points when there are no sales or they just need a few things on regular points days.
- Leave the big items for when you can score triple points on your expensive purchases.
- Free shipping - on orders over $150
- Returns - they are free for everyone and can also be done at your local store.
- Bloomingdales credit card – become a card holder, so called Loyalist, and enjoy various perks.
- Loyalists always get free shipping and free returns, including in store.
- Friends and Family Sale – this is one of the best sales all year when you can expect 25% off for everyone and 25% back in rewards cards for Loyalists. Loyalists can combine both of these benefits and get 25% off and 25% back, which makes a shopper’s life very sweet.
- Sales – those 25% off sales happen many times per year, so follow Bloomingdales on various channels and be in-the-know about upcoming savings events.
- Give Pink, Get More sale – it happens in October and allows Loyalists to donate money to get some amount in rewards cards back.
If you are a seasoned fashionista and value quality over quantity, shop at both of these stores and you won’t be disappointed.
Running around many different stores and getting a bunch of short-lasting apparel is very exhausting and don’t necessarily mean big savings.
You can definitely afford Nordstrom and Bloomingdales when you follow sales, shop at sales racks first, and earn rewards points to use them later instead of your own cash.