What is Groupon?
Groupon is a service for everybody who wants to find discounts and deals via virtual coupons. Instead of scouting for coupons all over the internet, here you can find them all in one place and covering an insane amount of different categories, from food and entertainment to spa treatments and travel. Some of the discounts can be as high as. You can find deals close and far from you on your computer or mobile device.
How to join Groupon?
The sign up process is free and very simple. You can register your account on your computer or iOS and Android app. You can use your email to sign up or use Google or Facebook apps for an even faster process, just make sure that you log in the same way on your computer and mobile app.
How can you use Groupon?
Using Groupon is a very easy business. All the coupons are located in different categories or separated by companies. For example, you can search for electronics, toys, fashion, entertainment, food, or pet supplies. You can also search by, , , , , Walmart, Shutterfly, and . The choice is yours.
If you are using Groupon app and have location services turned on, Groupon will notify what discounts are available nearby, which can be very helpful. If you are searching for coupons on the website, the best way to take them with you is to print them.
If you are interested in local deals only, browse local section on the app and you will be directed to happenings nearby only. You can select a distance that interests you, so you won’t be seeing any deals too far. You can also filter all offers by price.
Where can you find some of the best deals?
The best deals are time sensitive and can be found onpage. They don’t last long and are refreshed every 24 hours, so always check this section first. If you are interested in travel, look for specials on and enjoy huge savings. All the deals can be purchased right from Groupon on your phone or computer.
What are other Groupon features?
- You can get email alerts from the stores that you frequent the most
- You can collect to be used on various purchases later
- You can use Things to Do category if you don’t have a certain idea, but are interested in finding good deals on nightlife, entertainment, sports, outdoors, or kids’ activities
- You can use to discover deals near you or wherever you are heading to
- You can use a wish list and save ideas for later
- You can use
- You can use and earn cash back from your favorite restaurants
- You can check out “Extra 20% Off” area on the website and find awesome local seasonal discounts
- You can shop at or gift ideas
- You can buy gift cards to be used at Groupon
- You can earn money by becoming one of Groupon affiliates and promoting deals
- You can get your money back for 30 days if something goes wrong with your items or experiences
- You can get for six months once you become a student and then for the entire duration of your studies
- 10% OFF Getaways or Goods Deals
- Extra 25% OFF Local Deals
- 80% OFF Tech, Home, Apparel & More
Can you pay on Groupon?
Just looking for a coupon and deciding to get it for later usage is not a transaction and you don’t have to pay anything. However, if you do want to buy a discounted service directly through Groupon, you can. You can choose to pay with a credit card, via Apple Pay or PayPal. Some services accept only Apple Pay, so you should have that installed.
How does Groupon make money?
This is an important question because nothing is free these days. Groupon is like a marketplace that connects businesses with their clients or a middleman that gets its money through commissions once you activate the deal you got from Groupon and use it.
Why is Groupon doing so well?
Groupon is popular for two reasons. First of all, the biggest part of Groupon users is young affluent people who like to spend money and enjoy the good things in life. They are very happy to find discounts and Groupon tempts them with that.
Second, people find out about the best offers via social media where those offers can easily become viral. Daily deals are forwarded to friends and family and spread quickly. Groupon users are given $10 for referring a friend and this incentive to spread the world really works.
Where is a catch with Groupon?
It seems that the only negative is the limitation of time you will find on Groupon. Some deals are only available for 24 hours, others run out fast due to limited inventory. Once you secure your coupon, you can use it for 6-12 months, so you can take your time, but don’t forget about it for years.