Macy’s Beauty Box or FabFitFun?
While both of these boxes are beauty subscription services, they are very different and thus hardly comparable, but I will try. I have tried both and would like to share some observations and what to expect from both.
FabFitFun Winter box is full
The main differences between those boxes are the facts that FabFitFun is a quarterly box and sends full-size products, while Macy’s Beauty Box is a monthly subscription box of sample size-beauty items. There are many more differences between the two services; in fact, it’s a lot more of those than similarities:
- FabFitFun box is big, while Macy’s is pretty small.
- FabFitFun includes lifestyle and fitness items, not just beauty items as Macy’s Beauty Box does.
- FabFitFun box often features coupons for different products and brands, for example Hello Fresh, while Macy’s only offers a $10 coupon for Macy’s beauty items.
- FabFitFun includes more products in each box, Macy’s – only 7 small ones.
Macy’s Beauty Box is small, but shining
Despite many differences, I have to admit that I do like both boxes, for different reasons. I am not very big on shopping for beauty products and looking for innovative stuff, but I do enjoy when somebody selects something and readily sends them to me, which happens with both, FabFitFun and Macy’s.
FabFitFun selection makes the room bright
There is also this idea of receiving a box with gifts right to your house, and who wouldn’t love that? I enjoy this so much that I even got my dog a subscription box, so that he can also look forward for something exciting, as I do for FabFitFun and Macy’s beauty Box.
Plenty of choices for loving from FabFitFun
FabFitFun is probably the first beauty box on my list because I get wonderful stuff and get to enjoy products for a long time. Macy’s Beauty Box delivers items for me to try and then I have to pick what I really like and order a full size online. FabFitFun can sometimes include products that I don’t use often or at all, like fake lashes, so they just lie around my bathroom or have to be re-gifted to someone. I make it work one way or another, but sometimes it’s nice to get testers and then buy only what I really need and like.
My hands can’t live without this anymore
Macy’s Beauty Box arrives every month, so I have more opportunities to open a box of gifts. It takes 3 months to get FabFitFun box and that can really be an excruciating waiting that seems even longer than 3 months. Whichever way you prefer to get gifts, both boxes will definitely have some pros and some cons for you.
FabFitFun deserves some loving for hair products like this
FabFitFun offers better value, I think. It costs $49.95 per box, but if you sign up for yearly service, the value of products you will receive each quarter will be $200-$350. Macy’s will cost you $15 per box, which is $45 per three month, but the value is nowhere near that of FabFitFun and plus you will have to buy extra full size products, which adds significant expenditures to the price even with $30 worth of coupons for 3 months.
it looks great and works a little, but the scent is powerful
That being said, I admit that FabFitFun box is my favorite, but I will welcome every Macy’s Beauty Box too, even if I won’t spend any extra money on full size products.
Macy’s Beauty Box can fit in your mailbox
Let’s take a look at what came with last FabFitFun and Macy’s Beauty Box:
- Unhide Lil’ Marshmallow – cozy faux fur blanket
FabFitFun wants you to stay toasty
- Rebecca Minkoff Marled Beanie and Armwarmer set – perfect for mild winter
Can you sense this coziness too?
- LashesMD Eyelash Conditioner – great for application everyday
Lashes need some TLC too and FabFitFun knows a thing or two about it
- Adore by Swarovski Organic Circle Bracelet in Rose Gold – I did not take it off since its arrival
I definitely adore this on my hand all the time
- Battington Lashes Montoe 3D Silk Lashes and Glue Kit – not my cup of tea, will be re-gifted
FabFitFun delivers for ladies that are ready to impress with their eyes
- Paper Source 12 Month Rose Floral Planner – this year I won’t forget any meetings or appointments
PaperSource calendar can also be bought from PaperSource.com
- Ahava Salt Bag – took my first soaking bath in three years thanks to this product
- 40% OFF Your Box with code MOOD
- 20% OFF Winter Box 2 when use code ITSBACK
Bath salts for winter baths from FabFItFun
- Cuccio Somatology Calm & Clean Epsom Salt Hand and Body Wash – I am using this in my shower every day
This shower gel fits with the décor
- Draybar Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler – not needed often, but I will use it when getting ready to curl my hair
FabFitFun for tangled tresses
- Makeup Eraser in Original Pink – useful after heavy makeup and helps the environment by reducing the need of cosmetic wipes
- $90 coupon for Hello Fresh meal delivery Kit
Amazing reads and good coupons from FabFitFun
- $100 coupon for Wine delivery service
Macy’s Beauty Box
Macy’s Beauty Box December goodies
- Makeup Drop – full size item, innovative beauty applicator that I enjoy
For all your makeup needs – introducing the drop from Macy’s
- Pur Mineral Glow Skin Perfection Powder – great finisher for glowing winter skin
It all fits in a makeup pouch beautifully
- Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules Radiance Renewal Serum – skin can definitely use some vitamin C, especially during the cold period
Vitamin C treatments for face from Macy’s
- Girlactic Full Size 3-in-1 Sparkle Balm – nice sparkling color, but too soft for application
Cheeks, eyes, and lips are cared for by Macy’s Beauty Box
- Grande Cosmetics Plumping Liquid Lipstick - not sure about the plumping effect, but I do like the color
Dark lip magic from Macy’s Beauty
- Carolina Hererra Good Girl Parfum tester – love the fresh jasmine tones
- Paco Rabanne Invictus Legend – heavier scent, but perfect for parties and going out
So much to enjoy!
- $10 coupon for Macy’s beauty purchases
Give yourself $5 off beauty at Macy’s