FabFitFun is my first and lasting love when it comes to subscription boxes. It was the first one I ever tried and no other ever came close, except maybe CauseBox. So it’s clear – I love FabFitFun.
I order those seasonal boxes one at a time and pay per season. I don’t know why I do that, but probably because I started this way and enjoy knowing that I can stop any time. My sister started with annual prescription and continues with it. She pays for all 4 boxes at once and saves some money. I might consider that next year as well.
Overall there is not much difference between seasonal and annual box. They both arrive on schedule and without fail, but annual box might be 1-2 weeks earlier. Annual subscribers can choose more items than seasonal box recipients, but I enjoy surprises so much that I don’t even care about picking more products myself.
Both boxes have the same number of items and I don’t think that any one of them gets better stuff. It’s really all about convenience and preference – some people just don’t want to deal with payments every three months.
See FabFitFun Coupons:
- 20% OFF First Box + Free Shipping with Code Fallstyle
- $10 Off Storewide when use Promotion Code KATY
Because my sister and I have different subscriptions, we like to compare what we get and see if one box wins over another. It usually doesn’t, but she does get hers a week or two before I do. She is older than me though, so I feel it’s well deserved.
With corona still raging, beauty boxes like FabFitFun are like a breath of fresh air. They are curated by experts and sent right to our doors, so what can be better? I don’t have to mask up and go through beauty stores looking for the next best thing, which I know nothing about. FabFitFun pays a lot of attention to beauty, but by no means it’s only about that. You can expect 6-8 full size products for makeup, skin care, hair care, home décor, fashion, lifestyle, and fitness.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at our summer 2020 boxes. There is the one product we both got:
- Cali Cosmetics Foot Cream with Menthol in Tarocco ($24) – we both love the smell and the cooling feel of it, even though I think I need it more after my barefoot walking everywhere inside and outside the house all day long.
This is what my sister’s annual summer box brought:
- Draper James Straw Bag with Floral Scarf ($75) – the bag is from Reese Witherspoon brand and is perfect for my sister’s California beach trips, after corona is all gone that is.
- Isaac Mizrahi and White Kimono ($59) – this is another beach supply. She says she loves how comfy it feels around the house and how good she will look in this on the Pacific coast one day.
- TOMS Sydney Sunglasses ($58) – my sister has a face that all glasses look good on; it must be a confidence thing too. California sun requires sun glasses at all times, so this item is very fitting.
- Zoe Ayla Ice Roller ($30) – summer is the best time for something cooling on your skin, and this ice roller is it. It helps reduce under eye bags and feels good overall.
- Isaac Mizrahi Loves, xo, Sienna Vase ($28) – FabFitFun must know that my sister loves little decorative vases in her new house. This one is very pretty, two toned, and hand dipped. I would love it too!
- Winky Lux Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil ($16) – makeup is not my sister’s cup of tea, but everybody can use some eyebrow correction once in a while.
- Spongelle Coconut Verbena Hand Cream ($18) – I heard this cream smells heavenly and keeps hands soft and hydrated with the help of hyaluronic acid, shea butter, and macadamia seed oil.
Finally, this is what I got in my seasonal box:
- Business & Pleasure Co. Cooler Bag ($59) – I love this bright yellow and white insulated bag that is perfect for pool and playdate outings.
- Terre Mere Aloe and Tea Tree Toner ($54) – the tonner from the luxurious bottle smells good and feels even better. I really enjoy healing powers of aloe and tea tree.
- Yumi Kim Wireless Charging Pad ($35) – this item, unfortunately, doesn’t work for my old phone, but I have plans to buy the newest iPhone this fall, so I will be able to use this pretty charging pad after all.
- The Lyfestyle Co. Beach Mist ($42) – this refreshing mist feels really nice on my skin on hot summer days. It doesn’t have strong scent, so it can be used all through the day without mixing with other perfumes I might be wearing.
- Coola Mineral Face Organic Matte Finish Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 ($36) – it can never be too much sunscreen in summer in the South, and I am loving this matte natural one for sure.
- MakeupDrop Hybrid Makeup Applicator ($20) – this will not be used very often, because I simply have no reason to wear heavy makeup around the house, thanks to COVID-19! But it looks so good you could eat it, so I love having it.
- Riddle Oil Original Roll On ($50) – this little roll on perfume is pretty pricey, but I can see why. It is made to mix with natural body scent and create a beautiful harmony, which it does beautifully, and yes, harmoniously.