What You Need to Know about The Farmer’s Dog Food
You might’ve heard of The Farmer’s Dog food, but if you haven’t – you should. Reading dog food labels can be a frightening activity, but it’s a necessary one if we want to feed our pets like they are family. Once you read some scary stuff, you will gladly switch from Pedigree to something like The Farmer’s Dog food, even if that’ll cost a bit more.
The Farmer’s Dog food is made of human grade ingredients, so you immediately know that you won’t be dealing with meat byproducts and empty fillers like corn and soy. The food is fresh and doesn’t only taste good, but is balanced to provide all the needed nutrition that comes from meats and vegetables.
To get your dog started, all you have to do is create his profile with basic information and choose a plan. Within days you’ll get ready-to-serve food that has been customized by a vet to fit your canine friend’s exact nutritional needs.
The Farmer’s Dog food guarantees that all the ingredients are human grade, come from local farms, and are USDA approved. The only things you will find there are protein, produce, vitamins and minerals. All the food is made in clean and USDA approved kitchens and is AAFCO-certified.
The Farmer’s Dog foods are just lightly processed and cooked on low temperatures. This is a complete opposite of traditional kibble manufacturing. Everything you’ll receive will be pre-portioned, so no measuring is needed. This brand’s food doesn’t have long shelf life because it is never deep frozen.
The company pays a lot of attention to packaging – everything is either recyclable or biodegradable and non-toxic.
When you first sign up, you will be able to describe your dog’s body type based on a provided diagram. You will also be able to list any medical conditions or allergies your dog has, and describe his usual diet. Activity level and eating style are also required.
After the information is entered, you will get a suggested plan with recipes offered to you. You can examine all the meals and take away the ones you think your furry love won’t like. You can choose between beef, pork, chicken, and turkey recipes. Besides meat you will find plenty of vegetables, such as parsnip, chick peas, spinach, peas, broccoli, carrots, and more. Fish oil and nutritional blend are included in all recipes.
When it comes to price, a lot depends on the size of your dog. Little Chihuahua can eat for $2 per day, while an active German shepherd might require $10.
Just like with everything in life, there are some pros and some cons. Let’s take a look at positive aspects of The Farmer’s Dog:
- Supreme quality, freshness, human grade ingredients.
- Food is pre-portioned and thus helps keep dogs healthy and not obese.
- The diet is easily customizable and caters to various ages, health, and sizes.
- Everything is delivered to your door and packaging is environmentally friendly.
- Recipes are created by board certified veterinarians
- Ingredients are not overly processed and never deep frozen.
- You can pause or cancel at any time.
- Shipping is free.
- Great customer service.
- All food is made in the US and is grain-free.
- You can autoship or customize delivery based on your needs.
- Dogs love the taste, always.
- If you can’t afford feeding fresh food exclusively, you can always use it as dry kibble topper for enhanced nutrition on a budget.
And here are some cons:
- Not ideal for training since fresh wet food can’t be taken along on walks for rewards.
- Not great for game time as it can’t be put in puzzles and other toys.
- Won’t cure serious ailments if such problems exist.
- Limited protein options for sensitive dogs.
- Most people are turned off by the price and can’t afford buying it for long periods of time.
- Short shelf life and needed refrigeration.
- Bags are not re-sealable, so storage is tricky.
If you have a dog that’s mature and done with training, a picky eater, fancies human grade stuff, is not going to grandma’s house or day care often, and has health problems, definitely give The Farmer’s Dog food a try. It’s very obvious that fresh human grade food is better for dogs. The only reason we all don’t always buy it is most likely the price. Despite those reservations, your dog deserves to eat as well as you do, so see what you can do about it. New customer discounts and special deals make trial of The Farmer’s Dog food very affordable, so create that profile, treat Fido like a family member, and watch him enjoy it!