Best Ways to Save on GrubHub
GrubHub has been there to keep us all stuffed and sane during the pandemic. The service, along with its competitors, can also be thanked for keeping our favorite eateries alive. It’s super cool to open an app, see all your favorite places side by side, compare best deals, order, and get it all delivered fast and safe. All this pleasure of ordering from 300,000 restaurants in 4,000 cities costs a bit extra for delivery, unless you go for pick up, but there are also some neat ways to save.
GrubHub is easy to use via an app or on the website. You will have to open an account with your name, address, and payment type saved for future use. Based on the address you provide, you will be able to see all local restaurants that can be serviced by GrubHub. While using the service is easy, savings are even easier. Here are some ways to do that:
- First time customers get $5 off first 2 orders of $15 or more.
- If you sign up for GrubHub email newsletter, you will get $7 off your next order. You will also get new deals and promotions right to your mailbox at least once per week.
- You can refer friends and save that way for up to 20 times. Both you and your friend will get $7-$12 off for the referral order.
- GrubHub is on social media and those channels are all good places to look for new exclusive coupons.
- Since GrubHub is available in 4,000 cities, you can save when travelling, because delivery is definitely cheaper than room service.
- Restaurants often offer free delivery and free extras – all of that can be found right on the app or website.
- GrubHub won’t accept printed coupons, but there are plenty of them on the home page.
- GrubHub+ is a membership that costs $9.99 each month, but offers lots of perks – unlimited free delivery, $10 cashback on each $100 spent, and other deals.
- You can try GrubHub+ for free for 2 weeks.
- Students get free delivery on all $15+ orders.
- If you have Amex that is enrolled in the US Membership Rewards program, you can use those points for GrubHub orders.
- Check out sites that sell discounted gift cards and save a few percent right of the face value. Raise and CardCash are two good options.
- If you are a member of Lyft Pink, you can get free GrubHub+ subscription. Lyft Pink costs $19.99 per month and offers 15% off rides, cancelation options, free bike and scooter rides, and now GrubHub+ membership.
- Become a member of dining rewards program and get cashback or points. Consider TopCashback (20% cashback for new GrubHub customers and 2% for regular users) or IHG Rewards Club (500 points for new users and 250 for regular ones).
- Use Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and earn 3x points on dining, including GrubHub purchases. The card also offers a ton of other perks for travelling, Peloton, Groupon deals, and more.
- American Express Gold Card gives 4x points on dining and also points that can be used for travelling, groceries, and more.
- Citi Prestige Card – 5x points on dining, airlines, hotels, cruises, and others.