Despite the lasting heat and the calendar summer, fall is approaching and so is its first sign – Labor Day. September 2nd is right around the corner and in its anticipation many retailers are preparing their discounts in hopes to lure you in and to do that early. You can already find various pre-sale deals and information about the long weekend discounts and sales events.
Labor Day has always been known for great deals on mattresses, appliances, patio furniture, and other home needs. It’s also still the back-to-school period, so there are great prices on clothing and office supplies.
To help you make the most of your time and money during the Labor Day weekend shopping sprees we are bringing you all the facts you need to know to win at shopping:
When is the best time to shop?
The actual Labor Day is on Monday, September 2nd, but deals are already starting and have been going since the middle of August with the peak from August 26th all the way through September 3rd.
What products should you shop for during this time?
While you will see discounts on virtually everything, get laptops, computers, and all bedding needs, especially mattresses.
What will the big home retailers offer this Labor Day?
- Amazon – 40% off Dyson vacuums
- Target – up to 30% off all home items, décor, rugs, bedding, and select furniture. At least this is what they had last year
- Walmart – 40% off TVs, tech, and home supplies, including outdoor furniture and BBQ supplies
- Overstock – extra discounts are coming, but for now you can get 15% off rugs and 10% off patio, décor, furniture, dining, bath, and mattresses
- Bed, Bath & Beyond – 50% off patio furniture and great discounts for small kitchen appliances before the biggest sales begin at the end of August
- Wayfair – August 17 through September 30th shop their Renovation Sale and save up to 70% off home improvement materials and appliances
What can we expect from furniture and décor retailers?
- Birch Lane – discounted living room, dining essentials, patio furniture, and more. Get free shipping with code LDAY
- Pier 1 – Labor Day weekend discounts on furniture and décor + 15% off for students
- Interior Define – August 23 through September 23 you can get customized furniture for your house, apartment, or dorm for 15% off. That even includes the new Jason Wu collection items
- Blueprint Lighting – all wall scones and lamps are Buy One, Get One Free
- Ashley Furniture HomeStore – 30% off furniture
- Ethan Allen – 25% off all leather and upholstery
- Tempaper – 10% off Chinoiserie, Fresh Pressed, Zoe Bios, and Last Call with Laborday10 code
What tech and appliances discounts will we see?
- Home Depot – up to 40% off big appliances, BBQs, and power tools
- Best Buy – similar to Home Depot big discounts
What retailers will have the best kitchen and organization discounts?
- Sodastream – August 25th through September 7th get 15% off everything with code LABOR
- Container Store – August 19th through October 13th the retailer will have its largest and first ever custom closet sales, offering 25% off the entire portfolio, including Elfa, Avera, and Laren systems discounted at 10-25%. All other shelves will be 25% off
Where should we head for mattresses?
- Allswell – August 25 through September 9th get 15% off everything with code LD15
- Mattress Firm – expected discounts on all mattresses
- Bear Mattress – 20% off entire order with code 20LD. All mattress purchases will have 2 free pillows bonus
Are there any upcoming outdoors deals?
- REI – the retailer holds one of its biggest sales per year during Labor Day, so expect good things on all camping gear, headlamps, sleeping bags, and coolers. The sale goes on from August 26th to September 3rd